Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Passport? YES! Energy? NO. . .

The best news in the entire world came this morning. Mason's passport is done, and we are free to travel. Of course it would come now, when I am sick and Maddie is getting sick, and I have zero energy or focus to do anything. I am trying to balance plans and preparations with resting and recovering.

I don't have a fever anymore, so we are tentatively leaving on Friday. Our airline tickets are on hold until I can call the US Embassy in India to get an appointment. Our Gotcha Day will be either Monday or Tuesday. We are currently debating what to do about our anticipated trip to Agra. I feel so run down right now, that I'm afraid even if I feel better by Friday, adding this one omre thing (and it's a daunting thing from what I've heard) may not be in our best interest. I want to be ready to completely focus on Mason when we get him. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. We may wait and do it at the end of our trip IF there is extra time and IF we feel like Mason would tolerate it.

The important thing is that we will FINALLY meet our son in less than a week. I am drained, but so relieved.

I'm worried that my kids will be sick while I'm gone. I know they have amazing people looking after them (seriously, we wouldn't be able to do this if it weren't for my fabulous mother, aunt, and sister), but it's not the same as being with Mom. My Dad has graciously volunteered to take care of our multitude of animals (even the lizards, God Bless Him!).

Can't really think of anything else right now. We'll post our finalized itinerary tomorrow. We will be blogging over there and would love to hear from everyone! If you feel the need to pray, pray for health in the Labonte house :)

11 comments:

Not By Chance said...

LOTS OF PRAYERS from our house! Kristy I am so so excited for you, Mason, and the rest of the Labonte family!

LOVE,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Kristy:
I am so happy for you all.GO get that sweet boy! Praying that everyone gets well and that you can get everything done.
Leveta

Candice said...

Congrats! I hope you feel better quickly! I can't wait to follow along on your trip!

Candice

theheartofachild said...

Praying for you and excited for your journey ahead! I will pray for your health and kids' health!
Jenny

Reading Widely said...

Horray!!!! So happy for you. Praying for it all to come together and for everyone to be well!

Heather said...

Kristy,
What a relief to have Mason's passport. Soon he will be in your arms and we are looking forward to seeing pictures! I hope you return to 100% functioning quickly. Agra is worth it if you can muster the energy. We stayed in Agra one night which I think made it slightly more manageable.
Heather

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I am so happy to hear that Mason's passport finally arrived. I will pray that you will feel better and have an abundance of energy as you travel. Lord please bring wellness to the Labonte family!
Can't wait to follow your journey.

April :-)

Mrs. Brann said...

Kristy, we are so happy and and excited for you! And even better that it will be in plenty of time for the holiday season! We will think of you often during the next week.

Julie & Patrick said...

Something tells me that being able to hold that boy with energize you!!! Now we just have to get you through to Monday or Tuesday. A few prayers ought to do that!

Thrilled that this time has finally come!

Julie

Kristi W. said...

Congrats on passport!!! I'm so sorry to hear you are sick though. Rotten timing on that... I will be sure to pray for health in your family and for a safe and wonderful trip to get your baby boy!

:)Kristi W.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. The prayers for health are there for the entire family and for safe travel. I can't wait to meet the new member of the family.

Wendy