The best news in the entire world came this morning. Mason's passport is done, and we are free to travel. Of course it would come now, when I am sick and Maddie is getting sick, and I have zero energy or focus to do anything. I am trying to balance plans and preparations with resting and recovering.
I don't have a fever anymore, so we are tentatively leaving on Friday. Our airline tickets are on hold until I can call the US Embassy in India to get an appointment. Our Gotcha Day will be either Monday or Tuesday. We are currently debating what to do about our anticipated trip to Agra. I feel so run down right now, that I'm afraid even if I feel better by Friday, adding this one omre thing (and it's a daunting thing from what I've heard) may not be in our best interest. I want to be ready to completely focus on Mason when we get him. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. We may wait and do it at the end of our trip IF there is extra time and IF we feel like Mason would tolerate it.
The important thing is that we will FINALLY meet our son in less than a week. I am drained, but so relieved.
I'm worried that my kids will be sick while I'm gone. I know they have amazing people looking after them (seriously, we wouldn't be able to do this if it weren't for my fabulous mother, aunt, and sister), but it's not the same as being with Mom. My Dad has graciously volunteered to take care of our multitude of animals (even the lizards, God Bless Him!).
Can't really think of anything else right now. We'll post our finalized itinerary tomorrow. We will be blogging over there and would love to hear from everyone! If you feel the need to pray, pray for health in the Labonte house :)