Friday, September 7, 2007

"I Love to Cry at Weddings"

My sister got married this weekend. It was beautiful. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, there was a nice breeze to keep us cool enough, everyone was happy, the company was great. I know my sister thought that I wasn't exactly "into" the wedding. I want to clarify - I was definitely not into the dress. I wouldn't have been into any dress - I wasn't into my own wedding gown. I know I made a toast at the wedding, but unfortunately I turn into a blubbering idiot in front of crowds.
So - Here's what I AM into. . .

Seeing my sister happy - and she was glowing. Seeing her pledge her love to a man who loves her unconditionally. Knowing that she will be taken care of, challenged, and continue to grow with him in their life together - even if it does mean living away from us for a while. So, Jai, even though you may not have thought I was into the wedding, I am DEFINITELY into this marriage. I love you both.

No comments: