Monday, May 12, 2008

Quite a Hodge Podge

My Aunt and loyal follower of this blog reminded me last night that I hadn't posted in a while. We've been quite busy with a few different events, so excuse my hodge podge of topics in no particular order :)


Myles turned 3 at the beginning of the month. We had a lovely, low key party at our house with, of course, a spiderman cake. He was such a cutie and is turning into such a sweet little boy. My sister, Jaime, always says he breaks her heart whenever he flashes his dimply grin. The other night we were at my folks house and he was "fixing" my hair. I asked him if he was making me beautiful, and he replied, "Mom, you aweady bewtiful." Awww. He's very polite and sensitive, unless he is in superhero mode, and then all bets are off!



That weekend we went to RI for my nephew's birthday at Monster Golf. It was dark, loud, and intense. My kids loved it for quite some time, but in the end got a bit overstimulated. I'm so glad that Grammie and Grampie were anxious to keep Max at the house until we got back.

We very much wish that Aunt Missy, Uncle Paul, Peter and Olivia lived a lot closer. The kids played so well together and we always have such a good time with them. As gas goes up and up, it is harder to make these trips as frequently as we would like.


On Mother's day we had a special treat. Since we were in RI anyway, we couldn't pass up the chance to meet another Dillon family, whose daughter shared a crib with Max while they were both in India. As much as we hoped the kiddos would recognize each other, I'm not sure that was the case. Even so, we had a lovely time with such a sweet family. The boys were so good with my kids, and the Mom was a gracious host, easy to talk to and share experiences with. We hope we will gather again whether in ME or RI.


This meeting also put Maddie into "When are you going back to get my baby sister" mode. Ph, patience my dear. We're still recovering from the last trip ;)
This long weekend is bitter sweet. Saturday we went to an event for folks from New England who have adopted from India. This lovely family in Auburn hosts it every year, and it gets a huge turnout. We went last year, right after we recieved Max Rup's referral. Maddie really latched onto the daughter of the host, and even wrapped a Christmas present for her last year. This year we saw very little of Maddie. As soon as we got there she was off with the other little girl and had a blast. She's getting so grown up :( All of us enjoyed the day tremendously.

Yesterday my whole family gathered at our house. We have a large, close-knit family and we truly enjoy being together. They are gathering again today at my parents house for the Memorial Day holiday, and I'll join them after work.

Yesterday was for a different reason. Last fall, my sister, Jaime, married a lovely gentleman. Last weekend Jaime became a nurse (first in her class by the way) and he (Tom) became a Doctor. We are very proud of both of them. This week they will move to VA. That's quite a haul with three kids in tow, so we realize that we will see much less of them. Both of them got the placements they wanted, and they are going to love their new town, I'm sure. But we will miss them terribly. My kids love Mimi and Uncle Tom, and Maddie has asked time and again why they can't just stay here. She's good at guilt trips.


So, we've been busy, had lots of fun, and cannot wait for summer to get here so school won't interfere with our outside fun. OH, and the baby chicks are in - always an exciting part of our year. Maddie plays mother hen and is out there holding them and talking to them morning noon and night. Max says chickie and likes to rub his face on their feathers. Very precious. I'll post pics of that soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new pics and updates. The babes are all cute as usual. We will definitely all miss Jaime and Tom but I am sure they will love their new home!

Love,
Aunt Ang

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the photos and thank you for posting the long blog. I didn't know Jaime was moving! I am so out of the loop down here! Your kids are getting so big. Noah is so excited to see Maddie this fall. Looks like probably the third week of September! :)

hugs to the family,
nic, joe, noah & reese

Anonymous said...

When you first said that you had two kids, I initially thought you had adopted them since you had mentioned hopes of adopting kids back in college. I can't believe you really did keep your words and went all the way to India! Max is so blessed to have you as his mother!

Love,
Chihye

Julie & Patrick said...

Wow! You've been busy!!! The updates are great to see. Max looks like he does nothing but smile.

Oh dear...looks like Maddie has it all planned out for you...a girl must be on her way ;)

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

Wow! Max is changing so quickly, and looking older (and cuter!) all the time. I love hearing about your visit with our RI pals . . . wish we were closer, so we could get on with the arranged marriage plans for Max and Anya Rashi. :o)
-- Nancy

Amy said...

Max is so precious! He is growing up!