Lots of help opening presents
Frosting on the nose
Nana and Wendy - starting trouble :)
I cannot believe that on Dec. 1, Max Rup turned 3! The end of November / beginning of December is a very busy time for us with 2 Gotcha Days, Max's birthday, Dan's birthday, Thanksgiving - so much to celebrate.
Two years ago on November 27th, we met Max for the first time. We had done our reading, and knew to expect adjustment issues, and anticipated struggles. It was so easy. The minute they put him in my arms, he snuggled down, smiled, and that was it. It was like both of us knew that this is how it was supposed to be. The only issue we had was that he wanted to be held all of the time, which I didn't mind a bit!
We arrived home the day before his birthday. When I look at pictures I notice his chubby little baby face, and his curls. The chubby cheeks and curls are all gone now, and he looks like a little boy. He is so sweet, and such a character. He is our smallest, and by far our loudest!
Max is struggling with the adjustment of having Mason home. He is jealous, and doesn't want to share anything - especially his Nana! Despite the jealousy, he wants very much to be a good big brother.
Some things I love about Max Rup at age 2:
- his "goy goy goy" as he sucks on his fingers.
- his love for all of his blankies, and how he carries then around on his head.
- his big, cheesy grin.
- his immediate need for food in the morning - he wakes us up by saying, "I need some cereal!"
- watching him and Myles play so well together. They are so close, and it just warms my heart.
- his undying devotion to my mother - even though it drives me crazy sometimes :) I love that they are so close.
- his absolute NEED to talk on the phone no matter who is calling.
- watching him and Myles chase the chickens, and carry them around like dolls.
Please share some of your favorite Max Rup memories in the comments section!!