Friday, October 12, 2007

He Signed!

We found out today that the judge signed our guardianship paperwork before he left. That means that the orphanage director, Ms. Roy, can apply for Max's passport. This will be the big thing we wait for before we travel. There are also some paperwork things to be taken care of on our end, but usually the passport is the big last step.

This last step will fly by with so much to do. We've been waiting on our will so we could include Max in our guardianship plans. Now we can go ahead with that, make sure we're all packed appropriately, and train my Aunt Dawn in farm animal care! Now I'm thinking of a bunch of little things that I really need done for peace of mind before we leave. I'd better stop now before I get carried away and stressed out ;)

We are so happy to be in these final planning stages. Please pray for his passport to be issued quickly so we can have him in our arms soon!

9 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Congratulations, e-friend! Let's chat soon about hotel plans, etc. -- as soon as we get those passports, that is!
-- Nancy

Sheri said...

congratulations!
I am so excited for you and I am looking forward to following your journey to Kolkatta!
Sheri

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. I'll be stalking - I mean- faithfully following your blog. :)
T

Emily said...

This is so great! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help here while you are traveling!

Pam said...

CONGRATULATIONS KRISTY! I'm sooooo excited for you guys! Thank the Lord that he signed before their "holidays". ;o) HUGS TO YOU!
Pam

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Nadra said...

Hooray!!! We'll be praying for a quick passport and travel news soon.

Blessings!!

Kristi W. said...

I'm so glad the judge came through for you. Maybe he's learned his lesson! ;) Happy travel planning to you!!!!

Kristi

Julie & Patrick said...

Congratulations!

As I mentioned on the forum, this news brings goose bumps. Max will soon be home with you forever

Julie